At the September 23 meeting of the Baltimore Chapter of the MWA, we are pleased to present C.J. Ellisson, the author of the popular V V Inn series of books. Ms. Ellisson will speak on building a platform to sell yourself and your book. C.J. Ellisson came to writing four years ago, after owning a small business and working in commission sales for over a decade. Her background in marketing, art, sales, and a basic grasp of computers helped her to accomplish the following:
- Write and publish her best selling vampire series, which has sold over 50k copies.
- Start a small press, Red Hot Publishing, which publishes fifteen authors at this time.
- Create all her bestselling self-pubbed covers, plus dozens more for other authors.
- Learn to format print and eBooks, design and manage blogs, and handle basic website design.
- Mentor dozens of writers in various stages of their careers, focusing on increasing the marketability of their work and gaining a readership.
- Found a reader-centric Facebook Page and book club group, Red Hot Readers, that matches authors up with their three thousand interested readers.
- Build an extensive reader base, which includes 2500 readers on her private email list, 20k+ followers on Facebook, and 300+ member street team.
- Publish with a non-NY press and achieve USA Today & NYT bestseller status with the first book in her contemporary erotic romance series, Walk on the Wild Side.
Please join us for this fun, and informative presentation.